The Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit is a next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based respiratory pathogen panel that delivers highly sensitive, comprehensive pathogen detection and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) insights. The enrichment panel targets >280 respiratory pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2, Influenza and other viruses, bacteria, fungi, and more than 2000 AMR markers.
Powered by Explify RPIP Software, the flexible and scalable end-to-end workflow, coupled with broad identification of respiratory pathogens and AMR alleles in <24 hours, delivers a rapid, cost-effective solution for detecting respiratory tract infections in clinical research settings.
Features of this workflow:
- Universal Detection of Respiratory Pathogens — Delivers comprehensive detection of critical pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2. The respiratory pathogen panel (RPIP) simultaneously detects RNA and DNA for 180+ bacteria, 50+ fungi, and 40+ viruses.
- Detection of Antimicrobial Resistance Genes — Accurate prediction of resistance of 79 common respiratory pathogens to 60 relevant antimicrobials based on detection of > 2000 associated AMR markers
- Strain Typing of Critical Pathogens — Report full genome coverage of SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza A/B viruses to surveil new variants and lineages
- Quality Control — Includes probes targeting 10 commercially available spike-in control options.
- Cost-Effective — The comprehensive respiratory pathogen panel design enables cost-effective detection of RNA and DNA respiratory pathogens and antimicrobial resistance alleles all at the same time, from the same assay.
- Rapid – Delivers simultaneous detection of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and AMR alleles in <24 hours using the MiniSeq Rapid Reagent Kit.
Powerful, Simple Data Analysis with Explify RPIP
The Explify RPIP Analysis App offers a paired and tailored data analysis solution for the Illumina Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit. The app provides information on sample composition, including host and microbial abundance, and proportion of targeted vs. untargeted sequences.
This app is available in BaseSpace Sequence Hub. Users can select up to 35 individual samples or project folders containing any number of samples for analysis. The app provides results in four different formats: (1) summary report (PDF), (2) SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A segment PA/NA/M1, known bacterial AMR markers, (3) SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A, Influenza B consensus genome sequence.
View the Explify RPIP Analysis App